Tuesday, June 17, 2014

REVIEW: WooBamboo Kid's Eco Toothbrush

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. WooBamboo was created by three gentlemen to help people make a small step toward a more eco-friendly lifestyle. A toothbrush is a great, simple, daily reminder that you made a good decision for the planet.




Families especially can go through several plastic toothbrushes a year, and little thought goes into the fact that they all end up in landfills. I've been on a journey over the years that's made me a little more hippie every day, dragging my family along. WooBamboo Toothbrushes are made of organically grown moso bamboo. Moso bamboo is not eaten by Pandas so not only are they earth friendly, sustainable, and biodegradable, they are also Panda friendly! The naturally antimicrobial toothbrushes look great and you can even customize them! The bristles themselves are not biodegradable, but they did extensive testing and found Dupont Tynex nylon to be the best option.

The regular toothbrushes run about $5 each, and the sprout (kids) brushes run about $7 for a 2 pack. Amazon store can be found here, or other retail options can be found on the WooBamboo website.

I received a 2 pack of the sprout toothbrushes and my girls really like them. (Miss Em with hers here) The bristles are bright fun colors and the bamboo handle has a nice feel.


I did notice one counterproductive point - the toothbrushes come in a plastic packaging.





I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment