Saturday, June 14, 2014

REVIEW: SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial. SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer: Stainless Steel Vegetable Spiralizer with Special Japanese Blades 2 Julienne Sizes, Perfect Spiral Cutter for Low Carb Healthy Vegetable Meals - Best Spirelli Julienne Super Cutter for various Veggies such as Zucchini, Paderno & Carrots - As seen on numerous cooking shows it's Perfect for Low Carb Heart Healthy meals - With Manual and Cleaning Brush


I love cooking. Kitchen gadgets make my day. I was very excited to try this spiral slicer!  I expected it to be a little larger, but the size is actually very convenient for storage. First thing I had to do was make some hash browns! Yum. Second thing I did was search pinterest for some yummy ideas, which you can find here.


I also kind of expected the spiral slicer to be a little easier. Not that it was difficult to use, per se --you just insert the veggie and turn-- but sometimes I had trouble getting the firmer veggies to fully rotate. Perhaps it just takes more practice. It's also rather tough with carrots, as they are thinner and it doesn't give those nice long ribbons. 


The guard proved rather useless, it just shredded the ends of the veggies rather than hold onto them, so I was still left with a good size chunk afterwards. Not a huge issue, good to chop up for soups or something.  The plastic may also stain from the veggies, again not a huge issue as I don't see it as a display piece. 
It is easy to clean. It comes with a small brush or you can throw it in the dishwasher.



The ribbons are great for encouraging my preschooler to eat veggies because they make it a little more fun.


I've never used another spiral slicer so I do not have anything to compare it to, but I have to say it was just ok. I probably wouldn't pay the retail price for the SuperSwizz Spiral Slicer. It is fun for salads, 'noodles', stir fry, etc though.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment