Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Getting ready for Plane trip with Kids

We're going on a trip! So I'll be even more MIA than I have been the last couple weeks. I've read a dozen "preparing for trip with baby/toddler" and "activities for baby/toddler on a plane" blog lists. And while they've all been very helpful, I'm a minimalist. And I'll get as much as I can of what we need AFTER we get there. I'm sure it makes a difference that we're staying at a friend's house, and she has spare car seats. I did some Target gift card deals last week to cover some of that, even. Have I never mentioned I love Target? Because I really do.

Anyway, here's what I'm taking, in 1 checked bag, 1 personal bag, and 1 diaper bag:
  • Smaller diaper bag for daily use
  • Clothes & shoes
  • Swimsuits, just in case
  • A few diapers
  • Wipes
  • 3 empty bottles
  • 2 empty sippies
  • Miss Em's birth certificate (to verify age)
  • Tooth brushes
  • Hair things
  • Dried fruit
  • Baby food pouches
  • Formula
  • Juice boxes
  • Snack bars
  • Fruit strips
  • Annie's Bunnies
  • Suckers
  • Leappad & tablet
  • Headphones
  • Chargers
  • Plastic bags (for trash)
  • Coloring book & crayons
  • Small box/bin to set crayons in on the plane so they don't roll
  • Olivia Travels book
  • Small board book

At the airport:
  • Check-in online before going, so no struggle there
  • Wear Miss Em through if possible
  • Notify them of formula, baby food, and juice boxes, take off shoes, put everything on the belt
  • Go through, shoes back on, everything back in bag
  • Let them play somewhere until we board - no rush getting on, seats are assigned anyway


No comments:

Post a Comment