Thursday, May 15, 2014

REVIEW: Hoppers


Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


Hoppers® Peg Solitaire Jumping Game (Ages 5 and up, single player, MSRP: $14.99)
Hoppers® is a peg solitaire jumping game – set the frogs on the pond, then jump frogs until only one is left standing. Forty challenge cards range from easy to super hard. Start simple and grow your skills with each level. In no time at all you’ll be the smartest frog in the pond!

ThinkFun was founded in 1985 by husband and wife team Bill Ritchie and Andrea Barthello. ThinkFun wants to ignite minds of all ages through play. Learning is always easier when you're having fun, isn't it?

My first thought upon opening the Hoppers game was that it would make a really cool travel game if it were magnetic! I have a magnet addiction as of late.  We had a lot of fun trying this out and, admittedly, I had some trouble with the Super Hard cards myself! I applied for this game review thinking it would be useful for our preschool venture. Miss O was capable of doing some of the easy cards without help, as long as I could keep her focused on what she was actually meant to do.




However, she much preferred to have to frogs make friends on the "lillies."


Perhaps she is not quite ready to use it as it's intended. It has been fantastic for 1 by 1 counting, though! The adorable frogs keep her engaged. We will keep trying the actual game periodically until she's doing it all by herself. 

Clean up is easy, everything is stored right with the game! All the frogs have their own special prongs and the cards are neatly tucked away.

You can purchase the Hoppers game for $14.99 on ThinkFun.com or Amazon.com along with a number of other games. We definitely hope to try out more ThinkFun games in the future.









I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment