Saturday, May 24, 2014

REVIEW: Dead Sea Mud Shampoo

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I don't wash my hair daily. Or even every other day. More like twice a week. When I do wash it, I use very little shampoo. I found it keeps my hair from getting greasy and nasty. I was actually planning to no-poo when I ran out of my current shampoo, but then I saw this opportunity and thought I'd give it a try. To be honest, I still plan to no-poo at some point, but I do like the shampoo and actually am also going to be receiving the conditioner to review soon, as well!

Anyway, I have a very dry scalp, but always used products that were moisture intensive because my hair just didn't react well to anything else, so unfortunately my scalp just had to suffer. And itch. A lot. I have noticed some improvement since using Adovia's Dead Sea Mud shampoo. It has been pretty gentle on my hair color, surprisingly. I typically condition heavily, but decided not to condition my hair with it so that I could see how it would do. I had little to no tangles and my hair didn't feel dried out even without the conditioner. It has a nice scent and is very sudsy.

I'm not in love with the ingredient list. It's not quite what I expected. It's pretty long and has some words that just scream chemical. This is a primary reason I don't plan to use more than the bottle. If you aren't concerned with chemicals in your hair, this shampoo does make it feel nice. I love the Dead Sea mud, but wish the rest were more natural.
Demineralised Water (Aqua) & Dead Sea Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide Dea, Fragrance (Parfum), Glycol Stearate, Propylene Glycol & Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract & Algae Extract & Papaya (Carica Papaya) Extract & Aloe Vera (Barbadensis) Gel, Sodium Chloride, Dead Sea Salt, Polyquaternium – 7, Wheat (Triticum Vulgare) Germ Oil, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed Oil, Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Seed Oil, Olive (Olea Europaea) Oil, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Panthenol (Pro Vitamin B5), Citric Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit E), Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
You can purchase Adovia's Dead Sea Mud Shampoo on Amazon for $23. I also found the Shampoo & Conditioner in a combo for $34 on Cleopatra's Choice, which is a pretty good deal because separately they'd cost a total of $42.


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment