Saturday, May 24, 2014

REVIEW: Allons Danser! Let's Dance!

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Two of our favorite children's shows are French based. 





We also enjoy a book series that uses some "fancy" French words.


So, when I was given the opportunity to try Whistlefritz's newly released CD, Allons Danser, I thought it would be perfect for my 4 year old, and certainly couldn't hurt to introduce the 1 year old. 



Whistlefritz was founded in 2006 by Heidi Stock, a mom looking to teach her children a second language. Not finding what she was looking for, she developed this immersion program for early childhood.  Whistlefritz is known for the Spanish for Kids language immersion media. Now they are branching out, launching a French line. The French for Kids line currently includes two music CDs as well as two DVDs. They intend to have digital Lesson Plans available on the website by the end of summer and produce more French for Kids DVDs in the future.

The hardest part for me is that the program recommends no translation. I completely understand why, but I feel compelled to translate the words. Of course, with just the CD it is a little more difficult as well with certain songs. I think something with images would be a better place to begin, but the CD would be a great supplement. Of course, some of the songs allow for acting along/finger play, and puppets or stuffed toys could be handy visuals. There are a couple recognizable songs the Miss O had a lot of fun with, and I'm sure in time we will be able to sing along with all of them.

You can purchase Allons Danser! and other products from the French for Kids series, as well as the full set (or individual pieces) of Spanish for Kids series on Whistlefritz's website. You can also find them on Amazon, where you can purchase Allons Danser! digitally for as low as $8.99!



I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment